Thursday, December 10, 2009

Grande Post - Polroids #8 - #10 (NY Pulbic Library, Grand Central, Carnegie Hall)

Readers, I'm sorry for the lack of posting recently! My life has been crazy with final exams and projects looming over my head. To make up for my absence, I'm posting all three Polaroids that should have been up for your viewing pleasure by today. Thank you for all the support and I promise to not let this happen again! Please keep spreading the word about the blog and I LOVE, LOVE comments!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------






New York Public Library
Taken with the Polaroid One Step Express

The library is a great piece of architecture. And what journalist doesn't love a library?



Grand Central Station
Taken with the Polaroid One Step Express

So, I underestimated the lighting in Grand Central and the picture came out dark, but I literally had no room for re-takes and decided that this picture was actually a conceptual picture of "Grand Central: the Indoor City that Never Sleeps". 





Carnegie Hall
Taken with the Polaroid One Step Express
 
Carnegie is one of the many musical meccas located in New York. It is synonymous with talent and prestige.  And my favorite unknown musical Brooklyn, featuring the wonderful Eden Espinosa (LA Original Cast Elphaba for Wicked), had a scene here.



4 comments:

  1. Grand Central is surprisingly dark for how much light there always seems to be. It's almost freaky, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I had been taking night/overcast pictures and I thought the settings I used at Grand Central would have been sufficient. C'est la vie. It was a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Yeah! Keep the photos coming!

    ReplyDelete